Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
Otoplasty, or ear surgery as it is better know is a procedure which reduces the size of large ears by ‘pinning’ them back closer the head. Also known as ‘ear pinning’ this is a relatively simple procedure which can mean a world of difference between protruding ears and finding confidence you never knew existed.
Otoplasty can be performed on children from 4 years upwards and on adults who are in good general health. It can also be used to correct issues such as lop ear, cupped ear and shell ear.
Why choose otoplasty?
• If you have a child who is being bullied at school due to the size of their ears
• If the size of your ears affects your appearance and your confidence
• If you’re sick of wearing your hair in a certain way to hide your ears
• If one ear sticks out more than the other
• If you feel that ‘big ears’ are holding you back and not allowing others to take you seriously
• If your eyes make you look older than you actually are
The risks of otoplasty
Just like any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with ear surgery however this is a safe and simple procedure. When you contact us for an online consultation these will be made clear to you. If you have any queries at all about your procedure, please ask us as many questions as you wish. Risks differ from patient to patient depending on certain factors however our surgeons have an excellent track record of outstanding results.
Procedure time: 2-3 hours
Anesthesia: General or local with sedation
Possible side effects: temporary throbbing, aching and swelling. Redness and numbness.
Back to work or school: 5-7 days
Strenuous activity: 1-3 months
MEET OUR DOCTOR
Name: Chairat Burusapat Office Address: Division of plastic and reconstructive surgery, Department of Surgery, Phramongkutklao Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand Education: Doctor of Medicine 1998 Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University Certificate: Read more..
Register to get more discount.
Locate on Prime Area (Sukhumvit)
Excellent English Speaking
Highly Skilled & Experienced Doctors
Korea & USA Technology Imported